Re: Updating extrepo-offline-data in Debian Stable

On 3/7/24 06:57, Paul Gevers wrote:
Having said that and not knowing if it doesn't already do that, if extrepro would update a cache when online, it's offline option could also be refreshed at a convenience moment without the need for an up-to-date package in stable. I hope it's needless to say that I don't mean that this mechanisme should replace the data package, merely complement it.

It's actually a very good idea to have such cache. Though as you wrote, it doesn't replace the data package, especially when one wants to use local mirror, with something like this:

apt-get install extrepo extrepo-offline-data
extrepo enable --offlinedata --mirror http://mirror.example.com/haproxy

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand