Re: [Pkg-pascal-devel] Issue with fpc_3.2.2+dfsg-24 in Sid.

Hi Abou

On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 at 10:17, Abou Al Montacir <abou.almontacir@sfr.fr> wrote:
> I've uploaded a broken version fpc_3.2.2+dfsg-24 unfortunately.
> This prevents building arch independent packages due to a silly mistake.
> This issue does not appear when you build both binaries and arch independent packages thus I did not see it before upload.
>
> Now, the issue is fixed in fpc_3.2.2+dfsg-25, which managed to build on slow building architectures, but all major architectures are now broken.
>
> I see only two possibilities, either upload manually fpc_3.2.2+dfsg-25 for each missing architecture, or get fpc_3.2.2+dfsg-24 removed from archive and replaced by fpc_3.2.2+dfsg-23 so that fpc_3.2.2+dfsg-25 can be built.
>
> Can anyone advise on how to proceed?

The last time something similar happened, it was possible to upload
and build fpc in testing [1].
I suggest to upload fpc_3.2.2+dfsg-26 targeting trixie.

It will require some manual intervention by someone in the release
team to copy and build the packages, but I think it will end up being
quicker than re-bootstrapping fpc on all architectures.

Regards
Graham

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/news/1218430/accepted-fpc-320dfsg-11-source-into-testing-proposed-updates/