FUSE 3 transition

Bug #1014925 was reported because some tasks depend on fuse while other
packages that may be installed later (specifically open-vm-tools)
depend on fuse3.  While fuse3 provides fuse, the installer normally
doesn't install anything that would require removal of another package.

Given that some packages specifically depend on fuse3, while it also
provides fuse, all reverse-dependencies on either can be satisfied by
fuse3, so it seems like we should prefer installation of that.

- Is there a plan to change reverse-dependencies to depend on fuse3, so
that such conflicts don't occur?

- Alternately, would it be simpler to build the fuse binary package
from the fuse3 source package instead?  (I know that having source
package A build binary B, while B is the name of another source
package, can confuse both software and people.  Maybe the fuse source
package could be renamed to fuse2 at the same time.)

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
If the facts do not conform to your theory, they must be disposed of.