Re: Migration problem

On 11/10/2022 09:27, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:
On 2022-10-11 06:50:09 +0200, Yadd wrote:
On 09/10/2022 16:42, Yadd wrote:
On 09/10/2022 15:26, Paul Gevers wrote:
Hi Yadd,

[For the future, these mails should go to the release team. I'm not
the only one in the team, and there is nothing secret here].

On 09-10-2022 07:44, Yadd wrote:
4 packages are blocked in unstable but I don't understand where
is the problem: node-jest, node-ts-jest, node-webpack and
node-rollup-plugin-terser.
See https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/node-jest (regressions fixed
by the 3 other updates).
Could you help me to understand this ?

It looks like several packages need to go together, but there's no
*versioned* relation that describes that. britney schedules the
tests taking versions into account so with the right Breaks or
Depends, the tests would take more from unstable. Now, it might be
that this is only a *test* issue and not a user facing thing. In
that case, (if you think it's not a good idea to add the versioned
Depends or Breaks) the release team can trigger the combination.
Adding unnecessary Breaks makes upgrades a bit harder for apt, so
they are not for free, but I haven't encountered issues on that
front yet.

Paul

Hi,

yes, issues are only related to tests, that's why I didn't add Breaks
fields. I asked to Jérémy to add a "Breaks: jest (<< 29~)" into nodejs,
but it will not help here.

Cheers,
Yadd

Hi,

node-jest is still blocked in unstable but I can't understand why:
  * tracker.d.o reports nothing
  * Britney output is unintelligible

   trying: node-ts-jest node-jest
   skipped: node-ts-jest node-jest (0, 56, 23)
     got: 22+0: a-4:a-17:a-0:a-0:i-0:m-0:m-0:p-0:s-1
     * amd64: jest, node-jest-react, ts-jest

Britney is trying to migrate node-js-jest and node-jest together
(trying: ...), but it fails to do so since migrating those two source
packages would cause new uninstallable packages in testing (amd64: ...)

Thanks, but I still don't understand. node-jest-react depends on any version of jest, has already migrate and all of those packages are arch:all. I tried to install ts-jest 29 and jest 29 on a testing schroot with node-jest-react, no problem found...