Re: ruby-vcr: DFSG violation (Hippocratic license)

[adding release team]

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 10:49 pm, Utkarsh Gupta <utkarsh@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Praveen,

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 10:15 PM Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:
 It looks like we will have to remove ruby-vcr and we will have to
 disable tests for the following packages. I don't think there is
 another way, thoughts?

Maybe worth opening an issue upstream and discuss the cons of this
change or something? Or if that doesn't work out
and we need this

I doubt discussing with upstream will yield any possitive outcome as this is a specific philosophical movement.

See https://github.com/vcr/vcr/pull/792
and
https://github.com/vcr/vcr/issues/804

package or something, would forking be an option?

https://github.com/vcr/vcr/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#510-feb-5-2020

We will have to go back to 5.0 and someone will have to maintain it independently.

Hi Release team,

Do you think this needs to be fixed before bullseye? If yes, do you agree to change the reverse dependencies listed in my previous message to this bug?

Thanks
Praveen