Re: chromium: Update to version 94.0.4606.61 (security-fixes)

On Sun, 24 Oct 2021 15:06:50 -0400 Andres Salomon wrote:
> Stable (bullseye) still contains chromium 90, which has had many
> security issues. Testing & unstable contain 93, and stable should really
> be quickly updated via stable-security to at least chromium 93 (as its
> already been packaged and proven to build) or ideally 95 (the latest
> stable chromium release).

So what's happening with chromium in both sid and stable? I saw on d-release that it was removed from testing (#998676 and #998732), with a discussion about ending security support for it in stable. I'm willing to help out with chromium packaging if the problem is simply lack of time (or I could just as easily help with something like ungoogled-chromium, #939406, if the plan is to have that in debian instead). Either way, both as a user and a developer, it is really not great to have chromium in limbo.   :(