Re: unblocking zfs-linux/2.0.1-1 for migration

Hi,

On 12-01-2021 15:41, cdluminate@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm confused by the migration status page for src:zfs-linux
> https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=zfs-linux

Thanks for reaching out.

> It says Rejected/violates migration policy/introduces a regression,
> but the RC bugs were already fixed in 2.0.1-1 (it really compiles
> against linux 5.10).

The text indeed is not great. But indeed, your package is blocked
because of my removal hint. Unfortunately our tooling considers removal
requests on the source package basis and I added the hint before you
uploaded the fixed package. I'll remove it in a second, then the package
can migrate as usual.

> And regarding the reason "Removal request by elbrus" ... I'm confused.
> The older 0.8.6-* should indeed be removed from testing, but 2.0.1-1
> has cleared the RC bugs.

That's what I tried to do, but I failed so far.

> What should I do to save it from removal? We debian/openzfs maintainers
> hope to get it into the next stable release.

Send your previous e-mail. So, you should be done.

> Thanks.

You too.

Paul