Re: No progress for nifticlib migration

Hi Andreas

On 2020-12-22 14:15:34 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi release team,
>
> for some reason the automatic nifticlib migration does not
> show any progress:
>
>     https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-nifticlib.html
>
> My guess is that the rename of the development package to libnifti2-dev
> by providing libnifti-dev could be a stumbling stone here.

It is. The buildds pick the real package(libnifti-dev is still available
in unstable) over the virtual alternative.

> Can you help and explain what to do?

What's the purpose of renaming the -dev package? Even if that's
necessary, I would have at least expected a transitional package to also
handle buster -> bullseye upgrades.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher