Re: charliecloud: Overdue migration to testing

On Mon, 2020-08-03 at 10:25 +0200, Peter Wienemann wrote:
> according to its excuse page [0], the migration of charliecloud [1]
> 0.16-2 to testing is overdue. Unfortunately I do not find any helpful
> information pointing towards the reason why the migration is held
> back.
> Can someone of you point me to the underlying problem?

The logs from the testing migration script can be found at
https://release.debian.org/britney/update_output.txt

Looking at those, we find:

trying: charliecloud
skipped: charliecloud (0, 1, 37)
    got: 22+0: a-1:a-0:a-0:a-0:i-19:m-1:m-0:p-0:s-1
    * mips64el: charliecloud-tests

Which indicates that the migration would make the binary package
"charliecloud-tests" uninstallable on at least the mips64el
architecture (there may be more, but the attempt stops after the first
issue).

Investigating the situation in unstable shows that the problem exists
there as well. Specifically, charliecloud-tests depends on
charliecloud-builders, which depends on docker.io. However, docker.io
is not available on all architectures.

One way of resolving this would be to make charliecloud-builders an
arch-dependent package, so that it could be made to only depend on
docker.io on architectures where it is actually available.

Further discussion of solutions should happen somewhere other than
-release, such as debian-mentors.

Regards,

Adam