Re: apt autopkgtest regressed in stable with 1.8.2.1

On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 06:59:48PM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:
> Hi Julian, security team,
>
> This is a warning that the autopkgtest of apt in stable regressed [1]
> with the upload of 1.8.2.1. Looking at the error message, it seems
> related with the latest change.

I'm well aware of that, and a change has been queued for a future
stable uploads, when the uploads were released.

https://salsa.debian.org/apt-team/apt/-/commit/bb8d03f29d9738fe9a2c16da30343aae3888a362

This is an artifact of us doing in-tree testing vs autopkgtest
doing as-installed testing. I'm somewhat in the process of migrating
things to use autopkgtest.

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en