Re: Why does transition auto-jquery-rm exist?

Hi Rebecca,

On 07-05-2020 15:06, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
> Given the above, this is probably not useful: can it be turned off?

That warning is generated by tracker.d.o, not by the release team. The
release team manages transitions and for that job, the auto transitions
are an enormous help and avoid quite some issues. Sometimes they are not
so useful, but still the release team has now been warned about the
binary take-over, which may be useful in case of issues. tracker.d.o
exposes all the transitions, except the ones that are marked as
no-export, but only manual transitions can get that now. I guess we
could enhance the auto transition machinery to allow manual tweaks, but
currently there is nothing of that kind. Patches to the auto removal
script are of course welcome, but given the frequency of binary package
take over, I'm am not going to spend my time on enhancing or fixing the
script now. (Obviously I am not speaking for anybody else here).

Paul