Re: [Pkg-rust-maintainers] rust ecosystem worries of a release team member

Le 03/02/2020 à 10:47, Carsten Schoenert a écrit :
Hi Sylvestre,

Am 04.01.20 um 17:19 schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
Honestly, (shame on me) I didn't pay much attention to the cbindgen
migration
or other migrations of rust binaries.

Mostly because when I look at the transition dashboard, I don't
understand why they are blocked. For example:
fd find is blocked by
https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=rust-ansi-term
Also because we are doing (too?) many changes.

Anyway, sorry about that, I will try to make cbindgen migrated asap!

is there any plan or list of issues ready that the rustc people are
aware that need be done next work prepared or written somewhere so other
Debian maintainers can see what's going on?

I have been told that the transition of one of the build-dep is blocked by packages blocked in NEW...
Not sure which one.

We already started a discussion with the Debian release management team to simplify the acceptation of
packages already existing in the archive but with a new binary coming.

While Fosdem I've talked with Paul
Paul ?

about the currently not migrating
Thunderbird package. And we talked of course about possibilities how to
solve the unfortunate situation. Quite a lot of of Debian users have
emailed me and asking why Thunderbird 68.x isn't available in testing
but Firefox is. And it's sometimes difficult to explain the users the
current situation, you as Mozilla QA manager
FYI, I've never been a QA manager at Mozilla. I was running the release management team
(but doing something else now).
But yeah, I do see what you mean.

Cheers,
Sylvestre