Re: Reason for deferred migration for libplist?

On Thu, 2020-01-02 at 15:22 -0800, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> I'm maintaining https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/libplist and noticed
> that this package cannot migrated to Testing. The migration excuse
> did not really tell the reason. I took a look at the raw britney
> output at
> https://release.debian.org/britney/update_output.txt and the texts
> are like this:
>
> trying: libplist
> skipped: libplist (190, 0, 4)
>     got: 22+0: a-2:a-0:a-0:a-0:i-19:m-0:m-0:p-0:s-1
>     * amd64: python-imobiledevice
>
> This is also quite strange. Actually package python-imobiledevice
> does not exist in sid/amd64 anymore according to
> https://packages.debian.org/unstable/python-imobiledevice

It does, however, exist in testing, which is where the installability
is being tested (and broken).

> and that
> python-imobiledevice has no reverse dependency or reverse build-
> dependency.

I'm not sure that's particularly relevant here. The issue is that
python-imobiledevice would be made uninstallable, not that it in turn
breaks anything else.

> Can anyone let me know the real reason that blocked the
> migration? Thanks!

The log fragment you quoted *is* the real reason.

In terms of resolving the issue, libimobiledevice and libplist likely
need to migrate to testing together. libimobiledevice is currently
unable to do so due to the recent piuparts issue, which should be
resolved soon once the package is re-tested.

Regards,

Adam