Re: claws-mail blocked by previous version excuse

Hi Paul,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 08:16:52AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 7:03 AM Ricardo Mones wrote:
>
> > The claws-mail package appears blocked from migrating to testing because
> > of #885266 which removed 3.17.3-2 from it, but is already fixed in 3.17.4-2,
> > in sid since 8 days ago…
>
> It seems to be because claws-mail-python-plugin 3.17.3-1 is still in
> sid, so the old source package is still kept around so britney still
> thinks the RC bug applies to sid.
>
> https://release.debian.org/britney/excuses.yaml
>
> > Any pointers on how fix this?
>
> I think you will need to ask the ftp-masters to remove the
> claws-mail-python-plugin cruft from unstable.

I've opened #943308 for this, thanks! :-)

> BTW, ISTR there is a plan to remove GTK 2 from Debian at some point,
> so it would be a good idea to talk to upstream about switching to GTK
> 3.

There's a public roadmap for this?

Regarding claws-mail there's already a GTK+3 branch, though not really
ready for daily usage unless you like crashes and losing features... but
there's other packages like sylpheed which have no plans for switching
AFAIK.

Anyway, isn't funny and paradoxical that ancient packages just using
X libraries are going to survive probably more useful GTK+2 ones? :-)

regards,

P.S.: please Cc on reply, I'm not subscribed to debian-release right now.
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~