Re: Bits from the Release Team: ride like the wind, Bullseye!

Hi,

On 8/3/19 10:12 AM, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
Q: BinNMUs of packages uploaded before this new policy that have
    arch:all binaries can no longer migrate to testing. Is that
    intentional?

I read this as:
Q: I already did a binary upload, do I need to do a new (source-only)
upload?

I read this as

Q: The maintainer-uploaded arch:all packages are already in testing.
Will new buildd-built binNMUs migrate to testing or do I need to do a
new source-only upload to "fix" the arch:all packages?

This isn't really intentional. However, if you're worried about delays following uploads of new versions, keep in mind that a possible fix for this will almost certainly take more time than the delay caused by new uploads.

Also, given that we eventually want to get rid of the old binaries uploaded by maintainers, a fix for this is low priority (if it happens at all).

Cheers,

Ivo