Re: Accepted net-snmp 5.8+dfsg-1 (source all amd64) into unstable, unstable

Hi Paul (and others),
  I think I see the problem, the wiki has two places for transition.

https://wiki.debian.org/TransitionBestPractices which speaks to the developer and doesn't mention at all things like going into experimental and
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions which initially looks more like what the transition team need to do but has important instructions for developers.
So it seems Debian's documentation strikes again.

My understanding of experimental was it was used for, well, experimental stuff. However, the release teams page uses this as a standard workflow.

Regarding the source only uploads, this is the message you get if you try that.

Source-only uploads to NEW are not allowed.

binary:libsnmp35 is NEW.
binary:libsnmp35-dbg is NEW.

My understanding now is this running through experimental hack will "fix" this issue. You upload, I guess the full binary/source into experimental, wait, and then it's fine for sid once its updates.

It looks like its going to be stuck in sid anyway, there is a perl-related problem that is somehow related to what the Debian packaging is doing to the module (it works ok as a plain upstream thing).

 - Craig