Re: Dropping mips architecture for bullseye and sid

Dear release team,

On 2019-07-20 12:46, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> The mips architecture, supporting 32-bit big-endian MIPS CPUs, has
> been supported in Debian for more than 15 years. Due to the limited 2GB
> virtual address space and due to the fact this architecture is one of
> the last big-endian architecture Debian supports, the porting effort
> is increasingly difficult. On the other hand the interest for this
> architecture is going down, and with it the human resources available
> for porting is going down.
>
> Now that buster has been released, it is probably time to drop this
> architecture from bullseye and sid. Unless there is a sudden interest
> for this architecture, that is commitment from some new porters and new
> hardware for the build daemons, the plan is to ask for the ftpmasters
> to drop this architecture in about 4 weeks.

This has now been one month, and nobody volunteered to help. Therefore
it's time to drop the "mips" architecture. From what I understood the
first step of the removal is to get rid of it in testing. Could you
please take care of that?

Once it's done, I'll forward the request to ftpmasters.

Thanks,
Aurelien