youtube-dl in a stable release

Hi,

I am concerned about releasing buster with youtube-dl as an included
package.

The RC bug currently affecting buster (#930462) makes youtube-dl unable to
download videos from YouTube. I realise it can download other sites as
well, but as the package name specifically highlights YouTube I see this as
a significant issue. There seems to have been a fix in sid but no unblock
request as yet.

That fix is also unsuitable for unblocking as it currently stands; if we do
not fix it now, it would have to be done in stable anyway and it's not
really suitable there either.

I am therefore not confident at all that youtube-dl is suitable for stable
and I am inclined to think we should remove it from buster. I am open to
being persuaded about that.

Do others have thoughts about this?

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51