Can I revert to older verion than current testing

Hi,

I am not decided but I need a guidance what is acceptable path forward.

This affects many non-Japanese system.  Also, Japanese default Desktop
install is also affected.  im-config is pulled in by many localization
tasks.

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 12:44:41PM +0100, Ivo De Decker wrote:
> It doesn't look like this change is suitable for testing at this
> point, so I'm going to close this request.
>
> If you upload a version with a small target fix compared to testing,
> you could consider filing a new request.

Question:
If the last upload version 0.39-1 which ended up in testing has many
issues to fix for me, can I just revert to the version just before, i.
e., 0.38-1 with minimal changes? (Then provide debdiff against 0.38-1.)

0.38-1 was OK for more than 6 months.  But that was not compatible with
Japanese Desktop task.

im-config (0.39-1) unstable; urgency=medium  <<<=== TESTING

  [ YOSHINO Yoshihito ]
  * Support GNOME Wayland with gdm3.

 -- Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>  Sat, 09 Mar 2019 02:09:41 +0900

im-config (0.38-1) unstable; urgency=medium <<<=== REVERT TO?

  * Switch from bash to sh for im-config.
  * Add build time check to prevent shell grammar errors.

 -- Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>  Sat, 04 Aug 2018 23:53:32 +0900

This brute revert action will break Japanese Desktop task's peaceful
upgrade.  Also, unless Japanese Desktop task list is not changed, it's
install will be severely broken...  That's a shame.  I will try best to
fix 0.39-1.

(YOSHINO-san, please check my proposed code and refine it to make it
work for uim.  If you can't come up with good fix, I have to do the last
resort choice.)

Osamu