Re: please add a chromium-source binary package

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:33:11PM +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Ultimately this is up for Michael to decide, as he's dealing with Chromium
> updates single-handedly.

Agreed.

> Personally I have no reservations against this entering unstable, but this doesn't sound
> like something that should enter a stable release. If the Chrome development team with
> it's hundreds of full time developers can't/wont commit to a stable interface for these
> kinds of extensions, why should we kludge around this with our sparse resources?

I guess the answer is because software wants it. :-)

CEF exists precisely to be an API-stable interface for this; it's unfortunate
that Chrome doesn't care enough, but CEF is meant to be that layer, and seems
to be doing pretty well (judging by the amount of software that uses it).

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: https://www.sesse.net/