Workflow for handling security issues in testing

Hi,

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2018-11235
(https://public-inbox.org/git/xmqqy3g2flb6.fsf@gitster-ct.c.googlers.com/)
reminded me that I don't fully understand the process for handling
embargoed security issues in sid and testing.

When preparing updates for an embargoed issue in stable
(https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch05.en.html#bug-security),
the packager uploads to security-master and auto-builders are able to
build for supported platforms before the embargo expires.  Once the
embargo expires, the package is released and available quickly for
users to upgrade.

After preparing updates for an embargoed issue in sid, the packager
uploads to ftp-master once the embargo expires.  There is an additional
delay for auto-builders to build the package before the binary package
is available, unless the packager prepares binary packages locally in
advance and uploads them as well.  Is that the recommended practice?

With severity=high, a security fix then takes two more days before it
hits testing.  Is there a way to expedite it?  My experience with
https://bugs.debian.org/871823 was "no".

Is my understanding correct?  Any other points?

Thanks,
Jonathan