Upcoming source transition of python-magic

Hello release team,

there is a python-magic (here and always: also python3-magic) package,
in the archive, currently built from src:file. For reasons I plan to
switch to another implementation which is provided by src:python-magic
(ITP was #877849, and it has all the gory details).

So two binary packages will have a change in the source they were built
from. Is this something I should inform you beforehand, or are there
other gotchas I should be aware of?

My plan is as follows:

Current situation:

   In sid, python-magic is built from src:file (currently 1:5.32-1)
   In experimental, python-magic is built from src:python-magic
   (2:0.4.15-1~exp2)

After a lot of testing (see the call for tests in debian-devel):

   Upload of python-magic to sid
   This will supersede the binary packages built from src:file

Wait until src:python-magic has migrated to testing.

   Upload of a new file version to sid
   This new version will no longer ship python-magic packages.

So if you see a problem with this, wish to schedule this around some
transitions, or anything else like that, let me know.

Kind regards,

    Christoph