Re: Help on meta-kde and kde-baseapps migration

On lunedì 15 gennaio 2018 10:09:33 CET Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> On 13/01/18 18:13, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > Dear release team,
> >
> > some days ago I uploaded src:meta-kde and src:kde-baseapps to unstable,
> > and the things that "ties" them is that the kde-baseapps metapackage
> > from src:kde-baseapps (in preparation of the future removal of it) to
> > src:meta-kde. OTOH, they have not migrated to testing for the last 4
> > days, and I do not understand what is going on, and why they do not
> > migrate to testing.
> >
> > Can you please help for this?
>
> trying: libkf5eventviews kcalcore libkolab kdepim-runtime kmbox kmime
> kmailtransport kf5-messagelib kidentitymanagement pim-data-exporter kcontacts
> akonadi-search kmail libkf5ksieve libkf5pimcommon kmail-account-wizard kldap
> libkf5libkdepim akonadi-contacts akonadi kalarm kholidays kalarmcal meta-kde
> kleopatra libkf5libkleo kpimtextedit kdepim-addons libkf5mailcommon
> libkf5mailimporter akonadi-import-wizard mbox-importer akonadi-mime
> akonadi-calendar korganizer libkf5incidenceeditor libkf5calendarsupport
> kcalutils kf5-kdepim-apps-libs libkf5grantleetheme kontact akregator syndication
> kblog kaddressbook libkf5gravatar ktnef akonadi-notes kimap knotes -kdepim
> blogilo akonadi-calendar-tools pim-sieve-editor zanshin akonadiconsole libkgapi
> skipped: libkf5eventviews kcalcore libkolab kdepim-runtime kmbox kmime
> kmailtransport kf5-messagelib kidentitymanagement pim-data-exporter kcontacts
> akonadi-search kmail libkf5ksieve libkf5pimcommon kmail-account-wizard kldap
> libkf5libkdepim akonadi-contacts akonadi kalarm kholidays kalarmcal meta-kde
> kleopatra libkf5libkleo kpimtextedit kdepim-addons libkf5mailcommon
> libkf5mailimporter akonadi-import-wizard mbox-importer akonadi-mime
> akonadi-calendar korganizer libkf5incidenceeditor libkf5calendarsupport
> kcalutils kf5-kdepim-apps-libs libkf5grantleetheme kontact akregator syndication
> kblog kaddressbook libkf5gravatar ktnef akonadi-notes kimap knotes -kdepim
> blogilo akonadi-calendar-tools pim-sieve-editor zanshin akonadiconsole libkgapi
> (0, 82, 286)
>     got: 37+0: a-2:i-24:a-0:a-0:a-0:m-0:m-10:m-0:p-0:s-1
>     * mips64el: education-desktop-kde, kde-baseapps, kde-full,
> kde-plasma-desktop, kde-standard, kf5-kdepimlibs-kio-plugins,
> task-pkgs-are-installable-faux
>
> kf5-kdepimlibs-kio-plugins becomes uninstallable because kdepim-runtime breaks
> it. I don't know if there are other problems with the other packages or if they
> break because they depend on kf5-kdepimlibs-kio-plugins.

kf5-kdepimlibs-kio-plugins comes from src:kf5-kdepimlibs, which is
obsolete with the new KDE PIM, see its RM #887074.

Can you please try hinting it out of testing?

> PS: any plans for switching kde to the new libical?

src:kcalcore (Qt5) 17.12 supports libical 3.x, and it's part of the
KDE PIM 17.12 stack which will be worked on once 17.08 migrates to
testing...

The other source is kdepimlibs, which is deprecated as Qt4, used less
and less. It is basically dead upstream, so we will evaluate its state
in a few months, once the release freeze approaches.

kmymoney uses the PIM libraries too; at the moment it uses Qt4, so it
is forced to use libical2 as well to avoid potential symbols clashes.
Once it will be released as Qt5, it will use whatever kcalcore will
use too (eventually switching at the same time with it).

--
Pino Toscano