Re: Consuming excuses.yaml?

Cyril Brulebois:
> Hey folks,
>
> I haven't been following release team things lately, so I might have
> missed something: do we have a tool that parses/consumes excuses.yaml
> yet? A few years back, I had a tool look at update_excuses.html and
> generate graphs/clusters of packages failing to migrate, with their
> close friends.
>
> Digging into puppetdb manually[1] made me think about possibly porting
> it to use excuses.yaml instead, but maybe something else was developed
> in the meanwhile?
>
>  1. https://twitter.com/CyrilBrulebois/status/1078514866397286401
>
> Maybe it would make sense to generate those graphs and include them
> somewhere (release.d.o or tracker.d.o) to make it easier for people
> to figure out what packages are involved in a given migration, instead
> of having to click through possibly many packages?
>
> (cc's welcome, thanks)
>

> Cheers,

Hi KiBi,

I think that would be a splendid idea to have such a tool. :)

I am tempted to say it should live in the britney2 repo, so we can
include it in our test cases and remember to update it if/when the
format changes. :)

I am less sure of a place to host the generated graphs (we can host them
on release.d.o if the size/bandwidth requirements are low, but it would
surprise me with the scale of packages in sid vs. testing)

Thanks,
~Niels