Re: Missing libipt2 transition

On Sunday, September 09 2018, Niels Thykier wrote:

> John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Version 2.0-1 of intel-processor-trace bumped the SO version of
>> the library package to 2 [1]. However, the only reverse dependency,
>> gdb, has not been rebuilt yet:
>>
>> glaubitz@ikarus:~$ apt-cache depends gdb |grep ipt
>>   Depends: libipt1
>> glaubitz@ikarus:~$
>>
>> The transition is tracked though [2].
>>
>> Since this missing transition is blocking gcc-8 on x32 because
>> the DAK instance we are running there doesn't support cruft, I
>> have manually triggered the binNMU for gdb on x32.
>>
>> Adrian
>>
>>> [1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/i/intel-processor-trace/news/20180908T170010Z.html
>>> [2] https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-intel-processor-trace.html
>>

> I have scheduled the binNMUs for gdb amd64+i386.

Hi, John and Niels (and everybody),

This was my fault, I was going to address the transition yesterday but
something else came up and I had to go AFK.  I should have given a heads
up about it.  Sorry about that, and thanks for taking care of it.
Please let me know if there's anything else you need.

Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36
http://sergiodj.net/