Re: Arch qualification for buster: call for DSA, Security, toolchain concerns

Hi,

On Wed, 27 Jun 2018 20:03:00 +0000, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
> List of concerns for architectures
> ==================================
>
> The following is a summary from the current architecture qualification
> table.
>
>  * Concern for ppc64el and s390x: we are dependent on sponsors for
>    hardware.
>    (Raised by DSA; carried over from stretch)

As I wrote on debian-admin mailing list which is not archived, I'm
copying here what Paul Wise explained me about what this exactly means :

--- Paul ---
It means that if our hardware sponsors for those architectures ever
decided to end their donation/loan, Debian might be put in the position
where we need to buy such hardware if other sponsors do not appear.
DSA has determined that it is not currently possible to purchase
hardware directly from the marketplace as one would for x86 servers.

Perhaps that information is outdated for ppc64el now that Raptor
Computing Systems are selling Talos™ II servers with POWER9 CPUs
with publicly available pricing that looks reasonable for Debian.

https://www.raptorcs.com/
---

So, would it be possible that this concern may be examined again ?

F.