Re: Arch qualification for buster: call for DSA, Security, toolchain concerns

> On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
>
>> People from DSA have also attempted to fix them in other ways over the
>> last few months (thanks for that too!), but the solutions have been
>> rejected. I am not aware of the full details (only part of them), but
>> I assume that it's done for sound reasons.  One good reason for this
>> is that they don't want to duplicate code or list of architectures.
>
> The details here is that aurel32 wrote a git branch to add
> architecture configurability in dak and hard-code a list of
> "arches-in-sid-dpkg" in such a configuration file. ftp-master
> understandably didn't want to have to manually copy the tables from
> dpkg to dak whenever they changed. I briefly looked at using an
> auto-byhand script to automate this, but didn't yet get around to
> working on implementing anything.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/aurel32/dak/tree/dpkg-tables

For completeness and as a way to acknowledge the effort, waldi had
another stab at it in the last couple of weeks:

  https://salsa.debian.org/ftp-team/dak/merge_requests/81

In summary, even if as of today the problem is not yet solved, I think
that it's fair to say that there were many pushes to move it forward
from different fronts -- there were several attempts to address the
problem by different people at different times and in different ways;
including dak/archive and DSA, dpkg, and release team with
stable-updates.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>