Re: Arch qualification for buster: call for DSA, Security, toolchain concernsj

On Friday 29 June 2018 10:28:33 Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Roger Shimizu, le ven. 29 juin 2018 23:04:26 +0900, a ecrit:
> > On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 10:04 PM, Uwe Kleine-König
> >
> > <uwe@kleine-koenig.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Then the machine is out, the amount of RAM isn't upgradable.
> >
> > I don't think 2GB is not enough for 32-bit machine.
>
> I can say that 2GB is really not enough for a quite-non-small list
> of packages. Sure you can add swap, but then e.g. link phases are
> agonizingly long.
>
> Samuel

hijacking your thread, my apologies:

And I might add, on the likes of a pi-3b, demands that swap somehow be
migrated to spinning rust or an SSD, else from the descriptions on
binutils above this msg, will likely finish off the best of a u-sd card,
which its booting and running from now. Because I intend to build a new
rt-kernel for that pi, on that pi, the 60 GB SSD is already plugged in
but I've not yet moved swap. And it sounds like it will need far more
than 2GB, so I'm thinking at least 10 would be indicated based on the
binutils comments. Comments otherwise?

Thanks everybody.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett