Re: d-i upload for 8.11 (was: Re: Scheduling final Jessie point release, 8.11)

Hi,

On Mon, 2018-06-18 at 20:02 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> (2018-06-18):
> > One thing I'd overlooked when scheduling binNMUs for d-i in
> > preparation for the point release is that there's been a kernel ABI
> > change (actually, two) in opu since the previous point release, so
> > we
> > will need a source d-i upload after all.
> >
> > KiBi: Is that an easy change? Is it one that you have time to deal
> > with currently?
>
> It should be/seems to be. I've just pushed the required change to git
> after a quick netboot build with (o)pu enabled; currently performing
> a full build on amd64 just to be sure.

Great.

> What would be an appropriate timetable from your point of view for
> the relevant upload? Relatedly: are all changes expected for this
> final point release in place already?

Yes, d-i and dini are the last things I'm expecting for the point
release; everything else has been in place for at least a couple of
dinstalls already.

If the d-i upload could happen before the end of tomorrow, that should
still give us plenty of time to get dini organised afterwards.

Cheers,

Adam