Re: Help on meta-kde and kde-baseapps migration

On 15/01/18 20:23, Pino Toscano wrote:
> On lunedì 15 gennaio 2018 10:09:33 CET Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
>> PS: any plans for switching kde to the new libical?
>
> src:kcalcore (Qt5) 17.12 supports libical 3.x, and it's part of the
> KDE PIM 17.12 stack which will be worked on once 17.08 migrates to
> testing...
>
> The other source is kdepimlibs, which is deprecated as Qt4, used less
> and less. It is basically dead upstream, so we will evaluate its state
> in a few months, once the release freeze approaches.
>
> kmymoney uses the PIM libraries too; at the moment it uses Qt4, so it
> is forced to use libical2 as well to avoid potential symbols clashes.
> Once it will be released as Qt5, it will use whatever kcalcore will
> use too (eventually switching at the same time with it).

kmymoney is fixed in experimental. That leaves us with kdepimlibs as the only
remaining blocker. I guess the plan for that is to eventually remove it. The
only rdeps in sid atm are kmymoney (fixed in experimental), kopete (fixed in
experimental), syncevolution (875215) and kde-runtime. So basically only those
last two remain.

Cheers,
Emilio