Re: canu - not migrating to testing despite several weeks of no excuses

On October 13, 2017 1:37:30 AM EDT, "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
>On Fri, 2017-10-13 at 00:39 -0400, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
>>
>> على الخميس 12 تشرين الأول 2017 ‫01:48، كتب Adam D. Barratt:
>> Is it not possible to depend on it without incurring an RC
>> bug?
>
>Yes, trivially - by depending on it only on architectures where it
>actually exists. Your problem is that e.g. your armel packages end up
>depending on a package that only exists on amd64.
>
>Your realistic options depend on how strongly canu requires mhap (can
>it work without it on non-amd64 architectures?), and how strongly mhap
>requires libssw (again, can it work without it on other architctures?).

Canu strongly requires mhap and I believe mhap strongly requires libssw. It looks like I either need to hardcode canu's arch list to exclude the other platforms despite its ability to build on them, or add mhap to build-depends to prevent canu from building on architectures where mhap isn't available.

Thanks and regards
Afif