Fwd: removal of src:courier *now* probably a diservice to our users

Forwarding to correct address of release team. My response is in the related bug.

O.

--- Forwarded message ---
From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
Date: 11 January 2017 18:09:43
Subject: removal of src:courier *now* probably a diservice to our users
To: 848978@bugs.debian.org, Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>, debian-release@debian.org

control: severity -1 important

Hi Ondřej,

first of all, thanks for all your work on courier, despite not even
using it!

Second, I think I disagree with your conclusion (from December 26th
2016!) that courier should be removed from Debian because it currently
doesnt have a maintainer. courier has a large userbase still, which many
old setups, which are sometimes hard to migrate… thus I think removing
it from stretch now would really be painful for many people (it still
has a high popcon, even though ists declining) and as such I'll
downgrade #848978 accordingly, also because it has no other RC bugs.

cc:ing the release team so they are aware of this.

--
cheers,
	Holger, also a courier user but not captable of taking this