Re: Proposed (lib)curl switch to openssl 1.1

What about the possibility of changing the package name but *not* the
soname.  That would allow to catch all the dependencies within Debian,
but would neither diverge the soname nor detect dependency breakage with
non-packaged builds.

That said, libcurl is  popular enough and basic enough I'd expect there
are proprietary packages running around that do link against it, and
avoiding soname divergence seems like a really good idea for libcurl.
I think libcurl may be one of the packages where ABI greater than Debian
is more rather than less important.

--Sam