Re: [pkg-boost-devel] boost1.61 1.61.0+dfsg-3 MIGRATED to testing

On 20/06/17 16:42, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:57:11AM +0100, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
>> Hm, this makes no sense. I thought we want to _remove_ 1.61, not
>> re-introduce it?!
>

> Agreed.  I did not request this, FWIW.
>
> The previous removal message https://packages.qa.debian.org/b/boost1.61/news/20170202T163914Z.html was for
> a transition to 1.62.  I thought this would make it stay out, but maybe we forgot to request a removal
> from "unstable" (?).  I keep forgetting the rules for these things.  Or maybe it was a simple oversight.
>
> Dear Release Team: can you reverse this reintroduction of boost 1.61, please?

For as long as the package is in unstable, britney will try to migrate the
package if there are no blockers. So either get it removed from sid (assuming
that's possible due to rdeps) or file an RC bug against the package to keep it
out of testing.

Cheers,
Emilio