Re: d-i-netboot-images package outdated (was Re: Debian Installer Stretch RC 5 release)

Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> (2017-06-14):
> Seeing the post on PXE for UEFI on planet.debian.org and noting that
> you're planning another d-i release.

Please mention a direct URL, planet has a volatile content… Maybe you're
referring to this?
  http://sven.stormbind.net/blog/posts/deb_uefi_pxe_install_hpe_dl120/

> Is there any chance of putting in the symlink in d-i that will link
> bootnetx64.efi in the same way as pxelinux as below
>
> Also in netboot.tar.gz similarly
>
> bootnetx64.efi -> debian-installer/amd64/bootnetx64.efi
>
> This is exactly the way that pexlinux.0 and pxelinux.cfg are already
> linked and would be a trivial change that would allow UEFI booting
> more readily.

It seems that's a more detailed version of what you mentioned on May
27th following a release announcement. That really should be turned into
a bug report against src:debian-installer; I'm assuming you could try to
test a patch, which would likely modify build/config/x86.cfg there.

As for stretch r0, this is obviously too late, but we'll get a chance to
backport fixes from buster for point releases.

KiBi.