Re: Question on package removal sleekxmpp

Hi,

not part of the release team, but:

On 03/23/2017 10:34 PM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> there is a security bug open (#854739) and I'll try to port a
> simple patch from slixmpp. (Or, if does not work, just remove
> the affected functionality - better no carbons than "dangerous"
> ones.)
>
> But the package will be removed from testing by overmorrow. What
> do I have to do so that sleekxmpp remains in stretch (or can get
> back to it)?

You can send a message to the bug report (nnn@bugs.debian.org),
that will reset the timer for autoremoval. Which you already
did when you proposed a patch for this problem, so your package
should not be autoremoved the day after tomorrow. You should
check back after tomorrow's britney run, then the autoremoval
date should have been pushed into the future.

Regards,
Christian