Re: premail is marked for autoremoval from testing

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 11:24:46AM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Sat, 2016-10-22 at 11:17 +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 04:39:13AM +0000, Debian testing autoremoval watch wrote:
> > > premail 0.46-10 is marked for autoremoval from testing on 2016-11-20
> > >
> > > It (build-)depends on packages with these RC bugs:
> > > 837712: xemacs21: FTBFS with bindnow and PIE enabled
> >
> > Is this bogus?
> >
> > I cannot see any direct or indirect (build-)depends of premail
> > on xemacs21.
>
> It would need someone more familiar with the autoremovals code to
> confirm, but I imagine it's due to premail's dependency on the
> "mail-reader" virtual package, which is provided by, among others,
> xemacs21-gnome-mule, xemacs21-gnome-mule-canna-wnn,
> xemacs21-gnome-nomule, xemacs21-mule, xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn and
> xemacs21-nomule.

Looking at the tracker page for premail [1] you seem to be right
regarding where the problem is:

premail already got removed from testing 4 times this year when
a mail-reader was removed, and always re-entered testing the
following day.

Some autoremoval bug involving virtual packages and contrib?

> Regards,
>
> Adam

cu
Adrian