Re: Enabling PIE by default for Stretch

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 11:43:22PM +0200, Bálint Réczey wrote:
> Hi Adrian,

Hi Bálint,

> > Hi,
> >
> > since PIE is now default in unstable, I assume all/most of these bugs
> > should be changed to RC?
>
> Yes, they should.

I went through all the bugs and made them RC.

Whenever a bug was clearly in another package or had to be merged with
another bug I also did that.

There are 3 exceptions left in the list:

#586572 libdpkg-dev: Please provide a libdpkg shared library
I assume this would only be relevant for #835149?

#837425 deets: FTBFS with bindnow and PIE enabled
As I wrote in the bug, it works for me.
And I do not understand why it does not fail for me.
Can you reproduce it in unstable?

#837663 kannel-dev: Please build libgwlib.a with -fPIC
Can you double-check whether something went wrong when you submitted
this bug?

Thanks
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.