Re: Porter roll call for Debian Stretch

On Sun, Oct 09, 2016 at 11:13:21PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-10-09 at 21:12 +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > [ adding debian-powerpc ]

> > > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=832931 is about
> > > a powerpc-specific build failure of mariadb in stable. The maintainer
> > > said he can't work on it, so if anyone considers himself/herself a
> > > powerpc porter, this is something to look it.
> >
> > Can you give a hint what exactly should be looked at?
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=mariadb-10.0&arch=powerpc&ver=10.0.27-0%2Bdeb8u1&stamp=1473621159
>
> > The bug did not make it clear that there is any problem left at all when
> > I looked at it recently.
> >
> > The last message was closing the bug.
> >
> > There was a control command reopening the bug without giving any
> > rationale, but the last control command was
> >   fixed 832931 10.0.27-1
>
> For unstable, yes. The stable package is still broken.

Thanks.

When skimming through that the bug I thought it was fixed in
upstream 10.0.27, and no comment in the bug indicated otherwise.

As (pretty passive) reader of debian-powerpc, I am also puzzled by the
fact that I cannot recall #832931 ever being mentioned there.

An email to the bug and the mailing list of the port stating that there
is a problem, and what is known about it, can be really helpful for
getting such a bug resolved.

> > buildd.debian.org says that 10.0.27-0+deb8u1 was installed on jessie.[1]
>
> That's an artefact of how builds for suites with "overlays" (i.e. pu /
> tpu) are displayed. If one actually looks at the archive:
>
> mariadb-client-10.0 | 10.0.25-0+deb8u1 | stable     | powerpc
> mariadb-client-10.0 | 10.0.27-0+deb8u1 | stable     | amd64, arm64, armel, armhf, i386, mips, mipsel, ppc64el, s390x

Ouch.

I thought the information in the version tracking was wrong
when buildd.d.o showed green.

> Regards,
>
> Adam

cu