Re: Uncoordinated transition: armadillo

On 09/09/2016 06:14 PM, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> I have erroneously uploaded armadillo to unstable to close #837152. I
> wish to apologize and get advice on whether I can do something to
> prevent further trouble.

The transition workflow is documented on the wiki:

 https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions

Most of that still applies, you just didn't wait for the ACK from the
Release Team before moving the package from experimental to unstable.

You should file a transition bugreport which the Release Team uses to
track transitions, it should be marked forwarded with the URL to the
transition tracker:

 https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-armadillo.html

To assess the impact of the transition, you need to rebuild all reverse
dependencies with the new packages, and report which build OK and which
failed. Bug reports need to be filed for the packages that FTBFS, and
marked to block the transition bugreport.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1