Re: [debian-mysql] About packages that depend on mysql-* / mariadb / virtual-mysql-*

Hello!

What does the release team think of introducing new purely virtual
packages named default-mysq-*, which are provided only by mariadb-*
packages?
This is modeled after how default-jdk or default-mta works.

In code if would look like this:
https://github.com/ottok/mariadb-10.0/commit/e162c743fcd59273ba948e19b71cb5ed5638f0f5

I am at DebConf. Grab me by the sleeve when you see me. I'd like to
have external input/advice on this and a in-person discussion about
the scenarios and deployment path would feel helpful to me.

- Otto