Re: Next d-i alpha release: late June

On 24 June 2016 at 18:22, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just checked with Ben, it seems we could be getting a 4.6 kernel
> suitable for testing (no regressions reported from previous version +
> mips* FTBFS fix) shortly. We could think about urgenting it into testing
> and releasing a new d-i early in the week, which seems OK on the -cd
> side too.
>
> Glibc maintainers (esp. Aurélien): you should then have a clear path for
> the new glibc in unstable. I'm not sure how much time it'll need to be
> ready, that's why I'd slightly prefer if we could go for a d-i release
> first (as outlined above). In case major blockers pop up, we would
> probably let you go ahead with the new glibc upload and postpone d-i
> until glibc reaches testing.
>
> Having checked with -release already, I'm freezing udebs right away.

Could someone please tell me what the deadline is for adding expanded
partman-btrfs functionality?  My proposal is in a thread on
debian-boot@lists.debian.org, subject: "Re: btrfs subvolume naming
scheme".  A résumé of the read is: add the volume-manager-like
subvolume setup, and hopefully also add btrfs-style raid1 profile
support, and also the question of whether Debian should follow Ubuntu
and openSUSE subvolume naming conventions or Fedora/CentOS/RHEL ones.
The upstream wiki advocates Fedora/CentOS/RHEL-style.

Thank you,
Nicholas