Debian 8.4 w/Cinnamon == A BIG BUST!!

On two different computers, both running AMD processors (8350 and 9370), you new release bombed rather badly. While I liked Cinnamon mostly, over performance on both machines DROPPED by 30-50%! Yeah, with htop showing very little processor time being used (except, curiously, sometimes Cinnamon would spike to over 40%), CPU benchmarks inside BOINC showed the drops in performance. With BOINC shutdown, graphics intensive tasks showed very noticeable and irritating videos (see Unigine demos, 'heaven' and 'valley.')

I wasted almost two days running tests to find out where the performance drop was until finally determining that it was solely the new version 8.4

I had to revert back to the standard Jessie (8.3?) to get my computers back. Fortunately, on the second machine, I ONLY tried it in live mode so only wasted a couple hours as my backup test.

This won't do, guys.

Thanks for all your work,

David Merchant

the fx9370 computer has an AMD video card, R9 280Xand the 8370 computer has a GTX 960, if that helps.

Still waiting on CUDA support in Debian.