upgrading with package in jessie-updates jessie-proposed-updates not working

Dear all,

after receiving the email in the 	debian-stable-announce announcing of the package tzdata in  jessie-updates,
I realize that I do not get the upgrade of what is announced in both jessie-updates and jessie-proposed-updates.

I have checked and I have these 4 lines in /etc/apt/sources.list

deb   http://ftp.debian.org/debian jessie-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src   http://ftp.debian.org/debian jessie-updates main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian jessie-proposed-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian jessie-proposed-updates main contrib non-free

When I do  aptitude update I get lines like these

Get: 6 http://ftp.debian.org jessie-updates/main i386 Packages/DiffIndex [1,504 B]

Get: 12 http://ftp.debian.org jessie-proposed-updates/main Sources/DiffIndex [27.8 kB]

Get: 15 http://ftp.debian.org jessie-proposed-updates/main i386 Packages/DiffIndex [27.8 kB]

but when I do aptitude safe-upgrade I do not get the upgrade announced. I get the upgrades announced in the security and
many upgrades when there is a new scheduled release, but I do not get any upgrades when they are announced to came from the stable-updates archive or the stable-proposed-updates.

I have tried to change the lines in /etc/apt/sources.list so that they became exactly identical to the instruction in the announcing mail (removing contrib non-free, so that it became deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian jessie-updates main), but with no result.

The computer is very old and it has used many older version of debian.
I looked at various config file in /etc/apt but I do not have found anything strange there

In the past the same system used the volatile mechanism when it was available, and at that time the volatile mechanism worked correctly.

What should I fix?

Thanks in advance

A Fascilla