Re: Qt and OpenSSL transition metadata in relation to Mumble package

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort:
> On 19/03/16 19:23, Chris Knadle wrote:
>> Greetings.
>>
>> Executive summary:
>> I'd like to know if there is metadata that can be added to the Qt4 and Qt5
>> packages (qt4-x11 and qtbase-opensource-src) which will indicate that they
>> need to be binNMUed for OpenSSL transitions at nearly the same time that
>> Mumble gets binNMUed.
[...]
>> Is this possible?
>
> There's no way to express that kind of relationship. Not unless you get into
> complex territory which isn't really worth it in this case. Normally binNMUs
> are scheduled at the same time, so in theory this shouldn't be such a big
> issue. And it would only affect unstable users, only for a short amount of
> time.

Ehhh... okay.  The last OpenSSL binNMU had an 11-day difference between
Mumble getting rebuilt and qt4-x11 being rebuilt in Sid.  That's a short
time in release terms, but a long time in terms of users finding Mumble
broken and waiting for it to be fixed.

Either way I have my answer.  Thank you very much.

   -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@coredump.us