Re: Opinion about linux-grsec in a stable release

On mer., 2016-03-02 at 20:06 +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Before considering that, did anyone approch grsecurity whether we can get
> access to the grsecurity stable patches? We would most definitely have Debian
> funds to become grsecurity sponsors to obtain access to stable patches.

I think that'd be something nice anyway, but…

> Whether that's possible/desirable by grsecurity is the question, though:
> Having the stable patches in Debian would make them available to the
> general public (including those sleazy embedded companies which made them
> change their distribution scheme).

Indeed, I didn't even bother to ask because when you gain access to the stable
patches, you commit yourself to not make them available publicly, which is
obviously exactly what we would do.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis