Re: Dropping jasper from stretch

On 01/03/2016 18:24, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> On 28/02/16 23:31, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
>> Hi,
>> see 812630/816228 (also discussed with Roland): Security team would to drop jasper from stretch
>> (and eventually from the archive). Some high-profile users like gdk-pixbuf already had it
>> dropped some time ago.
>>
>> Ok with the release team?
> Sure.
Just a note: I'm working through the jasper transition in the
meteorology (grib format handling codes)
and see there is an embedded copy of g2clib in gdal.  The embedded
version is 1.0.4; I've
packaged g2clib separately and have 1.6.0 packaged (though I need to
work on the jasper patch).

I'll prepare a patch to gdal to use the external g2clib.

best regards
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry, <alastair@sceal.ie>, <mckinstry@debian.org>, https://diaspora.sceal.ie/u/amckinstry
Misentropy: doubting that the Universe is becoming more disordered.