Re: Kernel version for stretch

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 11:42:13PM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 08:01:13PM +0100, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> > Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> > > For stretch, I would very much like to choose a kernel version for
> > > stretch that gets longterm maintenance by Greg Kroah-Hartman. That
> > > lasts 2 years from release, after which someone else (maybe me) can
> > > take over.
> >
> > Luis Henriques and Kamal Mostafa maintain the ckt stable kernels
> > for Ubuntu-non-LTS releases for two years.
> >

> Well, those efforts have not a good track record, afais Ben is maintaining
> their lts Linus.

I don't really understand the second half of your sentence, but they certainly
have a good track record: After all Jessie is based on their ckt 3.16 series
and their 3.19 kernel is also working very well (we're using it at work
on top of jessie since 3.16 has some mm problems under high load). I've been
forwarding patches for merging to Luis and Kamal for quite a while now and
they've always been really responsive and helpful.

Cheers,
        Moritz