Re: Fixing the armhf linker path

On 2015-12-16 23:37, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> On 16/12/15 23:30, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > At the beginning of the armhf port the hard-float dynamic linker has
> > been chosen to be '/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ld-linux.so.3'. However it
> > has been standardized later as '/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3' [1]. We have
> > changed it in Debian, and added a patch to the glibc [2] to temporarily
> > support both paths, until all the packages have been rebuilt with the
> > new path.
> >
> > However we failed to do it for Wheezy. We also failed to do it for
> > Jessie. So let's do it for Stretch, so that we can drop the glibc
> > patches in Buster, and ensure binary compatibility with other
> > distributions.
> >
> > For that we first need to binNMU the packages which have not been
> > rebuilt since the dynamic linker change in unstable (see the list at
> > the end of the mail). Then we can have a look at getting all of them
> > migrated to testing.
> >
> > Any comments or objections?
>
> No problem for me, but let's wait for the rebuilds at least until after the Perl
> transition.

I have scheduled the binNMUs sometimes ago, and upgraded a few bugs to
RC when the build failed. I have also asked for packages removal for
really buggy and unmaintained packages (thanks to the ftpmasters for the
quick removals). We now have a much better situation:

stretch
-------
masqmail_0.2.30-1 (sid version buggy)
mutextrace_0.1-1 (sid version buggy)
stun_0.96.dfsg-6 (sid version buggy)
teem_1.11.0~svn5226-1 (sid version buggy)

sid
---
argus-client_2.0.6.fixes.1-3 (FTBFS #800260)
apf_0.8.4-1 (FTBFS #803889)
bing_1.1.3-2 (FTBFS #800300)
cone_0.89-1 (FTBFS #804334)
cuba_3.0+20111124-2 (FTBFS #791516)
icebreaker_1.21-11 (FTBFS  #800281)
icmpush_2.2-6 (FTBFS #800282)
ipkungfu_0.6.1-6 (bd-uninstallable #733693)
isakmpd_20041012-7.2 (FTBFS #749354)
kcc_2.3-12 (FTBFS #800251)
libprinterconf_0.5-12 (FTBFS #808622)
nget_0.27.1-11 (FTBFS #746885)
sslscan_1.8.2-2 (FTBFS #804616)
wmpinboard_1.0-11 (FTBFS #800193)

The 4 remaining packages in stretch have the wrong linker path, but the
fixed version in sid can't migrate as the packages have RC bugs. I guess
we should binNMU them in stretch.

Most of the packages in sid should probably be removed from the archive.
I don't plan to do any NMU there as it would show I have some interest
in the packages, which I don't. It's probably better to wait a bit more
to make sure nobody has any interest and ask for their removal in a few
months. Anyway they aren't really a problem from the libc point of view,
as they won't be released with stretch.

Aurelien