Re: [debian-mysql] [Summary] Request for release team decision on MySQL and MariaDB

Hi!

First off, I thank Robie for the excellent summary, and think this is a healthy discussion to have, so kudos to all participants

I feel I can’t make any comments on this thread as I’m employed to work on MariaDB Server, but will just make one point as below

> On 27 Jan 2016, at 06:45, Otto Kekäläinen <otto@seravo.fi> wrote:
>
> commenters in this thread rightfully point out. Has any other project
> ever been kicked out from Debian due to too much security by
> obscurity?

I think elasticsearch might fit the bill:
	https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2015/msg00290.html

cheers,
-colin

--